Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Engineering Tour
- December 4 2013College of EngineeringCollege of Engineering tours are available at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on select days. Come meet with engineering students, faculty and advisors, and get a first-hand look into some of the amazing research being conducted in our labs. SIGN UP FOR A TOUR *Please note that those interested in biomedical engineering at Wayne State should follow the directions on the BME site to attend a BME Information Session.
- Applications for the winter 2014 GO-GIRL Program are Due by 12/7/2013
- December 4 2013Education, College ofApplications for the Winter 2014 GO-GIRL program are now available. Applicants must submit an application with a personal statement and solicit a recommendation from a person that will support their application. Each year the number of applications we receive continues to grow and our selection process becomes more challenging. Selections are based on the quality of the application and recommendation so applicants need to take the time to carefully and thoroughly complete the process by the December 7, 2013 deadline. Since teamwork is a critical component of the program, participants must be able to commit to attending all sessions. Be sure to check out the GO-GIRL Winter 2014 Calendar on the GO-GIRL website before applying. Applications and recommendation forms are available at www.gogirls.wayne.edu Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Biomedical Engineering Graduate Student Internship at Beaumont Health System
- December 4 2013N/AIntern in the Clinical Technology Management Department of Beaumont Health System Sign up for BME 6991 (1-4 course credits available). Work in one of the largest Health Care Systems in Michigan Work alongside health care professionals in an acute care setting. Learn first-hand about evaluating, selecting, purchasing, and maintaining medical devices. Make valuable networking connections for your professional job search after graduation. Requirements: Valid registration as a Biomedical Engineering Grad Student for Winter 2014 Semester 16 hours per week, performed on the campus of Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI Verification of TB Test within the past 2 years Verification of Flu Shot from 2013, expectation of receiving flu shot in 2013-2014 flu season To apply, submit your letter of interest and resume to Rocco.Ottolino@beaumont.edu by Dec. 13, 2013.
- Lunch & Learn Series-School of Library and Information Science
- December 4 2013Wayne State University-Undergraduate Library (UGL) 3rd Floor Community Room (adjacent to Special Collections)Are you interested in learning about Library Science? Would you like to know what it takes to become a Librarian? Are you interested in learning more about the career paths that Librarians and Information specialist become involved in? Enjoy lunch & learn about WSU's Master of Library & Information Science Program and the Exciting Opportunities that follow! FREE PIZZA & BEVERAGES! Hosted by Wayne State University’s School of Library and Information Science Hope To See You There! Please RSVP BY Monday December 2, 2013
- Volunteer for the 2014 Motown Winter Blast
- December 4 2013Campus MartiusMotown Winter Blast - Friday Feb 7th thru Sunday Feb 9th.People needed for shifts each day; Friday 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-11pm, Saturday 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-11pm, Sunday, 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-9:00/9:30pmWe are asking that all volunteers do 2 shifts, and they can, of course, be spread out between days ( do NOT have to be back to back)The Snowslide positions require bending, some lifting, and just downright agility and stamina. These positions need young people in great physical condition who love the outdoors and are up for a fun workout. The Snowshoes require agility as well, being on one's knees helping guests 'put on' and 'take off' Snowshoes.Hand and foot warmers, knee pads, hot beverages, warm food, and complimentary parking will be available! Application available here
- More Events