Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- NIH funds WSU reproductive health research career development program
- Wayne State, Children's Hospital of Michigan researchers to lead study examining brain's role in pediatric mental health disorders
- Veterinary Technology Program UPDATE!
- Karmanos Cancer Institute/Wayne State University among lead academic centers participating in nationwide NCI MATCH Trial
- Wayne State to lead $4.8 million NIH study that will teach an old drug to maintain its tricks
- National policy organization picks WSU's Dr. Patrick Hines for innovation fellowship