Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Biomedical Engineering Graduate Student Internship at Beaumont Health System
- December 9 2013N/AIntern in the Clinical Technology Management Department of Beaumont Health System Sign up for BME 6991 (1-4 course credits available). Work in one of the largest Health Care Systems in Michigan Work alongside health care professionals in an acute care setting. Learn first-hand about evaluating, selecting, purchasing, and maintaining medical devices. Make valuable networking connections for your professional job search after graduation. Requirements: Valid registration as a Biomedical Engineering Grad Student for Winter 2014 Semester 16 hours per week, performed on the campus of Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI Verification of TB Test within the past 2 years Verification of Flu Shot from 2013, expectation of receiving flu shot in 2013-2014 flu season To apply, submit your letter of interest and resume to Rocco.Ottolino@beaumont.edu by Dec. 13, 2013.
- Volunteer for the 2014 Motown Winter Blast
- December 9 2013Campus MartiusMotown Winter Blast - Friday Feb 7th thru Sunday Feb 9th.People needed for shifts each day; Friday 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-11pm, Saturday 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-11pm, Sunday, 10:30-3pm, 2:30-7pm, 6:30-9:00/9:30pmWe are asking that all volunteers do 2 shifts, and they can, of course, be spread out between days ( do NOT have to be back to back)The Snowslide positions require bending, some lifting, and just downright agility and stamina. These positions need young people in great physical condition who love the outdoors and are up for a fun workout. The Snowshoes require agility as well, being on one's knees helping guests 'put on' and 'take off' Snowshoes.Hand and foot warmers, knee pads, hot beverages, warm food, and complimentary parking will be available! Application available here
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meetings 2014 - RSVP Today!
- December 9 2013Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Literature of Prescription: Charlotte Perkins Gilman and "The Yellow Wall-Paper" Exhibition
- December 9 2013Medical Library, Vera P. ShiffmanDuring a time when women were challenging traditional ideas about gender that excluded them from political and intellectual life, artist and writer Charlotte Perkins Gilman, who was discouraged from pursuing a career to preserve her health, rejected these ideas in a terrifying short story titled "The Yellow Wall-Paper." The exhibition Literature of Prescription: Charlotte Perkins Gilman and "The Yellow Wall-Paper" explores the story behind Gilman's indictment of the medical profession and the social conventions restricting women's professional and creative opportunities.
- Physical Training with Army ROTC
- December 9 2013 at 6:30 AMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterHave you ever wondered what exercise is like in the Army? Do you think you have what it takes to train with the future leaders of the armed forces? If so, then wake up early and join us for our exercise program every Monday through Thursday on the second floor of the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center! We meet at 6:30am on these mornings and end at 7:30am. The workouts change daily and the intensity is determined by how much you put forth.Ask questions, get answers, meet with a recruiter, or just exercise with us for fun. Simply hit the RSVP button above to get started. See you there! Hooah!
- More Events
- WSU prof receives prestigious award from American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- Ferndale's University High School and Wayne State announce "school without walls" initiative
- Wayne Law professor expands human rights work in Cambodia with new board appointment
- WSU part of team on worldwide exclusive license for managing cancer, related conditions with green tea extracts
- Apartments, retail, hotel conference center coming to Midtown Detroit