Campus & Community
Wayne State has something for everyone. Climb our 30-foot-high climbing wall in the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center, cheer the Warrior athletes or attend an on-campus concert, play, dance recital or art exhibit. The Department of Music hosts over 100 concerts per year, most of which are free! Nearly 200 recognized student organizations sponsor everything from ethnic celebrations to political debates.
One of Wayne State University's goals is to develop mutually beneficial partnerships with our community as a catalyst for the region's social, cultural, economic and educational enrichment.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Alumni Noel Night
- December 7 2013 at 4:00 PMTBDAlumni Noel NightTBD
- EACPHS Noel Night Celebration
- December 7 2013 at 6:30 PMEugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health SciencesDepartments of Fundamental and Applied SciencesandHealth Care Sciences invite you and a guest to a volunteer appreciation event Noel Night Celebration Saturday, December 7, 2013 6:30 p.m. Please RSVP by November 29, 2013 Activities include a reception at the College for everyone, a concert at Orchestra Hall (RSVP early limited number of seats available for this event )and free shuttle service to and from the Museum District for thosethat would like to participate in Noel Night activities. The concert is limited to 100 seats, but the reception has no RSVP limitations. For those attending the concert the performance will begin at 8:00pm at Orchestra Hall Classical Leonard Slatkin, Conductor Anne Akiko Meyers, violin Copland Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Mason Bates Concerto for Violin and Orchestra Brahms Symphony No. 4 Please note that Parking Structure # 7 will close at 10 p.m. If you RSVP for the concert, you may want to park in the Orchestra Hall parking lot.
- 2013 Detroit Medical Orchestra Concert and Reception
- December 8 2013 at 3:00 PMCommunity ArtsThe Wayne State University School of Medicine Alumni Association and the Detroit Medical Orchestra invite you and your family to attend the Detroit Medical Orchestra Concert and Reception. There is no charge to attend the concert or reception; however you will have an opportunity to make a gift to support the School of Medicine Alumni Annual Fund, which supports medical student organizations and activities.The Detroit Medical Orchestra musicians range from medical students, residents, and physicians to researchers and professors within the health field or the Wayne State community. The Concert will be approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. The reception will immediately follow the concert. Free parking is available along Cass Avenue, or at Parking Structure #2 for $6.50.
- Order your 2013 December University Commencement DVD
- December 14 2013Online orderingPlace an order for your2013 December University Commencement Ceremony DVD December 2013 Commencement Ceremony Schedule - Saturday, December 14 10 a.m College of Education College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts School of Medicine (Ph.D./Master's Candidates) College of Nursing 2 p.m. School of Business Administration College of Engineering Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Science School of Social Work 6 p.m. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences School of Library and Information Sciences Note: All Ph.D. and Ed.D. candidates will participate with their respective school of college ceremony. All orders must be placed by December 31, 2013. It will take 4 to 6 weeks to process your order after December 31, 2013.
- Guest Services Team - December 2013 University Commencement
- December 14 2013Matthaei Physical Education CenterVolunteer for the Guest Services Team at University Commencement Saturday, December 14, 2013 at the Matthaei Physical Education Center Volunteers are needed to join the Guest Services Team for the December 2013 University commencement ceremonies. Be a part of the excitement as we celebrate the achievements of our graduating students and welcome their families and friends to the University. The Guest Services Team is responsible for welcoming guests, checking tickets, distributing programs, assisting with seating and providing directions. There will be a walk-through volunteer meeting on Friday, December 13 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. All ceremonies will be held in the Matthaei Physical Education Center. Volunteer shifts begin two hours before the start of each ceremony. The morning ceremony begins at 10:00 a.m.; the afternoon ceremony begins at 2:00 p.m.; and the evening ceremony begins at 6:00 p.m. Volunteer Schedule CEREMONY I - 8:00 a.m. to noon College of EducationCollege of Fine, Performing and Communication ArtsSchool of Medicine (Ph.D. and Master's Degree Candidates)College of Nursing CEREMONY II - noon to 4:00 p.m. School of Business AdministrationCollege of EngineeringEugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health SciencesSchool of Social Work CEREMONY III - 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. College of Liberal Arts and SciencesSchool of Library and Information Science You can choose to volunteer for one ceremony or all three if your schedule permits. Refreshments are provided and each volunteer receives a special commencement t-shirt that will serve as the uniform for the day. Your participation is vital to the success of the commencement ceremonies. We look forward to hearing from you!
- More Events