Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- $2.66 million NIH award to Wayne State University to improve asthma treatment outcomes in African American young adults
- New Proposal & Award Policies and Procedures Guide - NSF 17-1
- Wayne State University awarded $1.3 million NIH Type 1 Diabetes Pathfinder Award to increase longevity of insulin treatment implants
- MTRAC awards spur biomedical innovation at Wayne State University
- Register for 2016-2017 Grant Writing Seminars hosted by the Office of the Vice President for Research
- Important Reminder: New electronic grant and contract proposal development system to be launched: Sign up for training today!