Student Service Center
The Student Service Center is a one-stop shop created to serve the needs of students, parents, and anyone interested in Wayne State University. We are ready to answer questions about applying to WSU, financial aid, records and registration, student accounts, and everything in between. Visit us in the Welcome Center, send us an email to email@example.com, or call us at 313-577-2100 to ask a question.
Frequently requested information
30 percent discount on summer classes for some students
- Wayne State University students looking to squeeze an extra class or two into their summer schedule next year can get a nice price break. The tuition break — 30% off — will be for classes during the 2015 spring and summer semesters. To get the price break, students have to complete at least 24 credits total during fall 2014 and winter 2015 semesters and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Book Voucher FAQ
- Shop online August 18 - August 29
- Shop in the bookstore August 21 - September 3
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 2014-15 financial aid awards and document requests can be found on pipeline.
- Payment options
- Holds – to find out which type of hold you have click here.
- You can check the hold on your account using pipeline.
- Click the "Student" Tab in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Under "Student Records" in the menu, click "holds"
- Apply for Fall 2014 Admission
- The 2015 application will be online beginning in August. Sign-up to be alerted when the application is available.
- RSVP for Fall Open House
- Date and Time: Saturday October 11, 2014 from 10 am – 2 pm.
- Enjoy a day on campus, which includes opportunities to meet with your school/college/program, learn about what's new in Midtown and talk to current students about why choosing to attend Wayne State has been the best decision they've made.
- Enrollment verification (use pipeline to print it for free)
- Request a Wayne State University transcript
- Avoid the wait; request a PDF transcript on pipeline!
- We want you to be successful. Completing a SMART Check information session is mandatory if you are intending to withdraw from a course. However, if you want to know how a course withdrawal might affect you academically and financially, you can complete a SMART Check at any time.
- During your visit, you will meet with an enrollment management representative and learn about how withdrawing from a course will specifically impact you, both academically and financially. You will receive personalized information to help you make an educated decision.
Today's expected service times
Welcome Center Lobby: 10-15
Email - working on emails sent in on 8/15/14
Walk-In hours for Financial Aid Officers are on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Welcome Center
42 W. Warren Ave., 1st Floor Lobby
Detroit, MI 48201
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: